Friday, June 10, 2011

Why Don't You Have a Blog?

"Why don't you have a blog?"  I've heard that question a lot.  People read my race reports and other ramblings on Facebook and Daily Mile and seem surprised that I don't have a blog.


I resisted creating a blog for a long time.  Everyone's got a blog, that's reason enough not to have one, in my mind.  Is it somehow self-centered for me to create a page devoted to....well, me?  On the other hand, some people have told me they're inspired by my story. Many people have told me they like they way I write or that I'm entertaining.  And where best to try out my material than on a blog?   


I'm still not sure about this blog thing though.  I do find writing therapeutic and decided if I use it for nothing other than self-therapy it's probably not a bad thing.  Not quite sure yet what I'll write about.  I'll definitely write about running and training and my adventures in exploring the absurdities of life.  Other than that, I make no promises.  


It'll be a work in progress, just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment